Gunnar Bittersmann: OT: Technische Fragen zu einer Seite, die nur aus einer Seite besteht

Beitrag lesen

@@encoder

V) Haben diese "einseitigen Seiten" einen Namen? Ich nenne sie: Immer öfter anzutreffender, langweilig aussehender Einheitsbrei, der leider für mobile Geräte nötig ist um ein paar Byte Datenvolumen zu sparen und auch auf kleinen Displays Inhalt zwar nicht ansprechend aber immerhin erkennbar darzustellen :-)

So eine „einseitige Seite[sic!]“ kann bei Storytelling schon sinnvoll sein. Da scrollen Nutzer dann auch, um den Inhalt zu lesen.

Was man aber nicht tun sollte: viele verschiedenartige Inhalte untereinander auf eine Seite zu packen. Woher soll der Nutzer erkennen, was ihn weiter unten noch so alles erwartet?

Luke Wroblewski: “Somebody will take their desktop site and they're like, OK, we squeezed it into a single column. Mobile website. Right. I love the responsive design methodology for adapting to lots of different devices, but many responsive sites you look at are like, you know how we're going to solve mobile? One big long list. Great.

And you may say, well, what's wrong that Luke? Well let's take a look at one of the premiere examples of responsive web design, the Boston Globe. […]

So when I hit this page, it looks like there is a game going on and Obama is mad about something. That's like it. That's all I get. And then I scroll. And I scroll. And it turns out, oh what was that? Was it like some opinion? Oh they have sports things here too. What? Metro? Nation, and the world, politics, who knew politics was here? Business, hey. Going, going, going. I removed the ad. Going, going, going. Still going. Phew. They managed to fit it all in. Good. […]

And you may look at this and say, but Luke, Luke, Luke, people will scroll. Yeah, people will scroll. I'm not saying scrolling is bad. […]

So scrolling is not bad. Josh Porter actually says this nicely, scrolling is a continuation, an example that highlights it. Like am I interested in this? Let me read a little bit more. Oh OK. Whereas a click is a decision. So people understand this context. They know the modality they're in. They will continue to scroll, and it's not an issue.

Long pages and these things become an issue, if you don't understand the context. So when you just take a web page, and you fold it into one big scrolling list, there is this flat hierarchy, and that everything's equal. You got no idea what down here. […]”

LLAP 🖖

--
Ist diese Antwort anstößig? Dann könnte sie nützlich sein.