Pedro Martinez: I do not speak German!

I have visited the Spanish version of Selfhtml at www.selfhtml.com

I have some prombles with CSS but the spanish version has not translate this section and I do not speak German.

My questions ist: How can I get that some links take another color and none-decoration. The futher links of the pages have another color and decorations. All this in an external CSS file.

Best regards

Unfortunately there is not a spanish forum!

1. I have visited the Spanish version of Selfhtml at www.selfhtml.com

I have some prombles with CSS but the spanish version has not translate this section and I do not speak German.

My questions ist: How can I get that some links take another color and none-decoration. The futher links of the pages have another color and decorations. All this in an external CSS file.

Best regards

No problem !
    To change the color of a link you have to write
    a:link {color:#FF0000;}
    The color of a visited link can be changed by using
    a:visited {color:#FF0000;)
    To change the decoration:
    a:link {text-decoration:none;}

All the features can be combined to

a:link {color:#FF0000; text-decoration:none;}

bye Oliver

2. Buenas Dias Pedro!

no habla espanol (como esta usted?), that's why i write in english, OK?

If i understand it right, you still have a css-file in which you allready defined links colors such as:

a:visited {...} etc...

and you want that some other links in your files get other colors.

Try this:

<a style="color:#......;text-decoration:none" href="file.htm">Your link</a>

for thoose links you want to differe from the css-def in your external file.

Evrything takes time! May be, one day....

Adios amigo!

Till thenthen ;-)

PAF (patrickausfrankfurt)

3. My questions ist: How can I get that some links take another color and none-decoration. The futher links of the pages have another color and decorations. All this in an external CSS file.

The best way to change the parameters of only a few links is to define separate classes for different links in your extern CSS-file:

e.g.:

a.red:link { color:red; text-decoration:none; }a.red:visited { color:red; text-decoration:none; }a.red:active { color:red; text-decoration:none; }
    a.red:hover { color:red; text-decoration:none; }

To use this class in your links, you have to put it into the a-TAG: <a href="abc.htm" class="red"...

Of course, you can also use this method in other constellations. Your existing links aren't influenced by this special classes.

1. You are great!

This forum is the best of the internet! I think I have to learn German in order to understand all the questions!

Thank you Christian for your help! It's working!!

Thanks a lot!

The best way to change the parameters of only a few links is to define separate classes for different links in your extern CSS-file:

e.g.:

a.red:link { color:red; text-decoration:none; }a.red:visited { color:red; text-decoration:none; }a.red:active { color:red; text-decoration:none; }
      a.red:hover { color:red; text-decoration:none; }

To use this class in your links, you have to put it into the a-TAG: <a href="abc.htm" class="red"...

Of course, you can also use this method in other constellations. Your existing links aren't influenced by this special classes.

1. You are great!

This forum is the best of the internet! I think I have to learn German in order to understand all the questions!

Thank you Christian for your help! It's working!!

Thanks a lot!

Perhaps, anyone tries to translate the whole forum-archive in several languages <lol>

greetins from switzerland,
        Felix Rabe

4. My questions ist: How can I get that some links take another color and none-decoration. The futher links of the pages have another color and decorations. All this in an external CSS file.

Hi Pedro!
    Below please find a part of the external css-file I use with http://www.mopedfahrer.de . I think, this is what you are looking for.

a:link { color:#FAD68B; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; }
    a:visited { color:#FEF1A9; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; }
    a:alink { color:#FF0000; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; }
    a:hover { color:#FF9E3E; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; }

a:hover only works with later versions of IE.

In your html file you have to refer to the external CSS like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../mfmainscr.css" media="screen">

Hope this will help you. Have Fun!
    Denis