Christian Kruse: Accelerated Mobile Pages

Hallo alle,

Google hat heute AMP vorgestellt (How it works). Im wesentlichen läuft es auf eine Verpflichtung der Best Practices sowie custom elements mit einem JS-Polyfill hinaus, um ein paar Performance-Optimierungen via JS umsetzen zu können.

Ich persönlich finde den Teil mit den Best Practices sinnvoll, kann mich aber nur schwer mit den custom elements und dem JS-Polyfill anfreunden, auch wenn ich aus technischer Sicht verstehe warum sie es so umgesetzt haben.

LG,
CK

1. @@Christian Kruse

Kommentar von Karl Groves, Paciellogroup: “Nice to see Google's people involved in yet another project that gives exactly zero fucks about accessibility”

LLAP 🖖

--
    Ist diese Antwort anstößig? Dann könnte sie nützlich sein.
    1. Hallo Gunnar,

Kommentar von Karl Groves, Paciellogroup: “Nice to see Google's people involved in yet another project that gives exactly zero fucks about accessibility”

Nachdem ich mich ein wenig damit beschäftigt habe ist das nicht meine einzige Kritik… das ganze ist technisch einfach ein Rohrkrepierer und ich hoffe, dass das bald stirbt und sich nicht durchsetzt.

LG,
      CK

2. @@Christian Kruse

“AMP isn’t encouraging better performance on the web; AMP is encouraging the use of their specific tool to build a version of a web page. It doesn’t feel like something helping the open web so much as it feels like something bringing a little bit of the walled garden mentality of native development onto the web.

“That troubles me. Using a very specific tool to build a tailored version of my page in order to ‘reach everyone’ doesn’t fit any definition of the ‘open web’ that I’ve ever heard.”
    —Tim Kadlec, AMP and Incentives

Außerdem ist das alles nur ein Spaß. Und wer braucht das schon?

LLAP 🖖

--
  3. @@Christian Kruse

Einen hab ich noch: Jeremy Keith: AMPed up

kann mich aber nur schwer mit den custom elements und dem JS-Polyfill anfreunden, auch wenn ich aus technischer Sicht verstehe warum sie es so umgesetzt haben.

Technisch?? Nicht etwa politisch?

“No more scripts that track your movement across the web …unless the script is from an authorised provider, like say, Google.”

Darum geht’s doch wohl: Du sollst keine Spione neben mir haben.

“Along comes Google saying ‘If you want to play in our sandbox, you’re going to have to abide by our rules.’”

Es geht um Macht.

“I don’t think you have to be a conspiracy theorist to view the AMP project as an attempt to replace the existing web with an alternate web, more tightly controlled by Google (albeit a faster, more performant, tightly-controlled web).”

LLAP 🖖

--