Gunnar Bittersmann: Literaturnobelpreis für Bob Dylan

Beitrag lesen

@@Gunnar Bittersmann

Mir war Bob Dylan zwar dem Namen nach bekannt. Von seinem musikalischen Schaffen ist mir aber nur Knockin' On Heaven's Door wirklich geläufig.

Ähm, „Blowin’ in the Wind“ sagt dir nichts?

Neben denen muss ein Lied noch unbedingt erwähnt werden: „Like a Rolling Stone“. AFAIK das erste Lied, das länger als 4 Minuten war und es doch weit nach oben in den Charts schaffte.

Bruce Springsteen fuhr mit seiner Mutter im Auto und im Radio lief dieses Lied. Seine Mutter fand es nicht so gut und wollte es wegdrehen, doch Bruce wollte es horen:

“The first time I heard Bob Dylan, I was in the car with my mother listening to WMCA, and on came that snare shot that sounded like somebody’d kicked open the door to your mind … The way that Elvis freed your body, Dylan freed your mind, and showed us that because the music was physical did not mean it was anti-intellect. He had the vision and talent to make a pop song so that it contained the whole world. He invented a new way a pop singer could sound, broke through the limitations of what a recording could achieve, and he changed the face of rock’n’roll for ever and ever.”

Dafür hat er den Preis bekommen.

LLAP 🖖

--
“I love to go to JS conferences to speak about how to avoid using JavaScript. Please learn CSS & HTML to reduce your JS code bloat.” —Estelle Weyl